Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Guitar Player 2" Grunge Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint - Plus

Guitar Player 2


I browsed in Picasa 3.9 to my Mayang's Textures folder and selected a Rust background. I opened with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and used the Impressionistic auto paint, Random Brushstrokes set at Splat 60% size and amount. I used the Coarse Canvas setting for the canvas.

I saved that large iteration. Back in Picasa I went to my Dover Clip Art folder for a music clip, copied and pasted it onto the image in Corel PhotoPaint. I scanned in a Guitar Player in Paint.NET and used Blur Smooth on it then applied the Ink Sketch tool for the pen and ink appearance. I copied that, closing Paint.NET Then pasted, and erased the unwanted portions of the surroundings. This gave me the Guitar Player Ink sketch. I applied the property Color Burn for a brown look and feel, as I had with the music.

I added some DADGAD Chords from another document I have on DADGAD Tuning for Guitar.

I merged them all with the background. I applied the Tone Curve to give the color some depth, still in PhotoPaint. I applied Filter Forge's Photo Effects Grunge for a light grunge touch to the image. Using Filter Forge's Frames I gave the piece a slight watercolor frame. Then using Image, Papersize I added a 40 pixel brown border. Adding my signature with Color Burn to keep the brownish look and feel I saved that iteration. Then I resampled for display.

Listening --- Acoustic Junction --- Strange Days

No comments:

Post a Comment