Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

"No. 1 In Style" Art Nouveau - Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint

No. 1 In Style


Selecting an Art Nouveau pattern from "Art Nouveau Patterns and Designs by R. Beauclair I began today's image, a Digital Collage. Using my Canon MP495 I scanned in the background pattern into Corel PhotoPaint. There I applied the Tone Curve for a slight boost to the color. Using the Tune Blur, Directional Smooth I blended the colors a tad.

I searched my Dover Clip Art for a Vintage Woman's clothing style to fit the Flapper style. I applied that to the background centering her.

Next I referred to old magazines for the No.1 and the words IN and STYLE. I placed them using the Color Burn property, with the exception of the black type there I used the property Multiply.

"Meet the Happy New Me, No. 1 In Style," became the theme of the over all piece. I saved the large file and then resampled for display here with my signature.

Listening to --- Sheryl Crowe --- Mother Nature's Son

No comments:

Post a Comment