Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"Vintage Grecian Postage Stamps" Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint

Vintage Grecian Postage Stamps


I began this image with a photograph of White peeling paint. I opened from Picasa 3.9 with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted it. I used the Impressionistic feature with rough paper and random brushstrokes, setting the color for Saturation. I saved this large file.

With Greece in the News so much I searched through my Cigar Box Collection of postage stamps from Greece. I scanned them into Corel PhotoPaint and adjusted the color with the Tone Curve. I tried to fit to the real size of each stamp, but found that challenging so I did my best to make them legible. I did use the Feather feature on each to get the perforations to show more clearly and less of the scanned background of the stamps.

I browsed my Dover Clip Art and found a piece of stained glass and placed it in the center of the Digital Collage of Vintage Postage Stamps. I used the property Subtract for transparency. I saved the large file and resampled for display.

No comments:

Post a Comment