Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

"Young Woman - Vintage Paper - Stone - Painted Concrete" Corel

Young Woman Textural Portrait


I went to the Morguefile site and searched on Free Portraits and found six  new ones to work with. I opened the first one I selected in Corel PSP Pro X3. There I applied the Threshold tool. I ended with a black and white image of the Young Woman.

I opened a Vintage paper texture file from StockVault and added that to the black background. I also opened another texture from them, this time a Stone Texture and added that with a differing property. This left the Young Woman all white.

I saved this iteration and opened in Corel PhotoPaint. here I used the Magic Wand tool to select the white space. Then using the Fill tool I loaded into it another Texture. I filled the white space with that.

I adjusted the colors with the Tone Curve tool for more depth, and saved that iteration with greater compression fit for a blog posting. I reopened that in PSP and added a signature layer, Image Information Title, Copyright, Sources, and Programs used. I saved again.

I resized for display and saved the final iteration.

I would like to thank StockVault and Morguefile for the really decent images they give away free. This allows me great latitude in creating the Digital Visual Art I so much enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment