Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

"Shy Guy" Corel

Shy Guy

I did today's portrait with a photograph from MorgueFile and Free Texture Friday from StockVault. I really like these photographs of ragged men. Their faces tell stories of a life filled with hardship, you can't help but sympathize with them.

I opened the photograph in Corel PhotoPaint, here I used the Threshold tool on it for white space. I adjusted it for a bit more white space as the lower portion of the image is full of deep colors.

I added the layer of a Gritty Texture, rotated to portrait and fit to the subject. I applied the property Multiply for transparency, allowing it to blend with the man's face.

I added my signature with a new copyright date, in white. Also I gave it a small black border for the top of the image as a finishing touch.

I am enjoying this series of portraits and hope you are as well. Faces and Eyes tell tales we cannot ignore. Love that, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment