Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

"Bright Eyes Womans Portrait" Corel Painter

Bright Eyes Womans Portrait


Continuing with my series of Digitally Painted Portraits I selected a Woman's Portrait. I first opened in Corel PSP Pro X3 and created an RGB Grayscale image. I saved that large file and opened it in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted it with the Watercolor Sketch settings.

After saving that I reopened it in Corel Painter 11 to Digitally Paint it using my Wacom tablet attached to my computer. I adjusted the Round Tinting Brush and began with some selected colors. I knew I wanted this to be a bright colorful painting, so I stuck with a palette that had just what I needed.

I spent much time on the face and eyes, keeping it bright. I did some blending with a blending tool. When I was satisfied with the face, eyes, and hair I painted the Background using a Chalk Brush. I used a form of Burnt Sienna for the base color. I also chose a light texture for the Chalk.

I switched to a Gouache Brush and an Indian Yellow, still using the texture, and painted around the Womans head. I narrowed the brush size and added some Indian Yellow to the Hair. Finishing with that I saved the large iteration with another name.

I opened it up in PSP Pro X3 again and layered my signature. Using the Effects Texture tool, I chose a paper texture for the entire image. Every layer was merged.

I had attempted to make the Eyes Hazel with blue, green, light brown, and yellow. I felt they looked just as I had wanted them, thus the "Bright Eyes Womans Portrait," Title.


No comments:

Post a Comment