Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

"How it was Done - Very Tired Young Driver Image" Corel

Very Tired Young Driver


Today I have reached the milestone of 1,330 blog posts! Thank you for sharing with your friends!

Unsplash sent me their most recent group of Free Hi-Res photographs today. I selected the photograph of a "Very Tired Young Driver." I immediately was drawn to this image, the individual, his hat and shirt, and the amount of light in the entire image.

I opened it in Corel PhotoPaint. Here I applied the Threshold tool for some more white space. I had in mind a Texture Blended image, so I searched for a texture that I already had, not used yet. I located this Concrete Texture. I opened it and copied to the clipboard. I pasted it as a new layer and used the Property Multiply for transparency.

Next I used the Tone Curve to lighten the colors with some depth. I added my signature and saved that iteration. I then opened the image in Corel PSP Pro X3 and applied the Smart Photo Fix, adjusting the Shadows. I added some Vibrancy with the Saturation tool, this brightened up the colors a bit more.

After all these steps I resized the image for display, still in PSP Pro X3, then saved that iteration with my other recent Textured Portraits.

Comments, Shares, Pluses and Purchases always are welcome. Consider purchasing some of my Artwork as a Poster, framed or otherwise through my Zazzle Store. Go to My Art and Music for Sale page and send me an email of your selection from the blog history, I will upload my largest file to Zazzle and send you the URL to the Poster Page. Then you select size, matte frame, paper type. You can purchase it as just a Poster if you would like. Investigate my Zazzle Store for products and other Artwork there.

While you are here on the blog page, scroll down to the Music Kiosks from CDBaby to listen to Full Previews of my Alternative Folk/Rock Tunes. Try before you Buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment