Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

"How to - Horsing Around Digital Watercolors" Corel

Horse One

Horse Two


Here are two Digital Watercolors of Horses. I generally don't paint animals but my wife loves Horses, so I did these. The original photographs may have come from Morguefile Free Photos or StockVault Free Photos.

I began with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4, I used the Watercolor Sketch set with a Dry Brush, on both for the base images. I used the Soft Cloner Brush for retouching some details. I saved the large iterations as TIFF files.

I reopened with Corel Painter 11 and used the Digital Watercolor Brushes to paint some more by hand. Adding a few detail to each image. Also I applied the Liquid Ink Fine Tip Brush for details. I saved the large paintings again as TIFF files.

I opened them in Corel PhotoPaint and layered on my signature, to both. Again saving them. I had merged all layers before saving the paintings.

Using Corel PSP Pro X3 I resized the images to fit the blog posting. I saved these as JPEG files.

No comments:

Post a Comment