Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Vintage DeSoto" HDR Watercolor - Corel Painter 11 - Plus

Vintage DeSoto HDR Watercolor


I like the older style cars and I got some good photographs at the 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise in Pontiac, Michigan. I opened from Picasa 3.9 this photograph of a Vintage DeSoto with a close up of the Grill. I used Picasa's HDR tool on the photograph, pushing the settings up.

I saved that large file and opened with Corel Painter 11 and painted a clone of the original HDR image. I used various Watercolor Brushes that come standard with Painter. I selected some of the colors with the eyedropper and painted with those. I left the majority of the grill untouched for the focal point. I saved the digital painting with a differing name.

I opened it again with Corel PSP Pro X3 and applied the Saturation Vibrancy tool. Then I used the Smart Photo Fix and Sharpened it and deepened the colors. I added the Rose mat and the Gold Picture Frame. Saving that iteration I then resized for display.

I opened with Corel PhotoPaint and added my signature and saved the final iteration.


No comments:

Post a Comment