Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

"Homeless Da Vinci - Textured" Corel

Da Vinci by Francesco Melzi

Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci; 15 April 1452 – 2 May 1519) was an Italian painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest polymaths of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived. His genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal.**


Homeless Da Vinci

My Homeless Da Vinci is from a photograph of a man of maturity from MorgueFile. I opened the photograph in Corel PSP Pro X3. There I applied the Threshold tool for a black and white image.

I had just received from StockVault Friday Free Textures a few colored paper textures. I opened them also in PSP Pro X3 and copy and pasted as new Layers on the black and white Portrait. I first used the greenish aqua colored one, adjusting Saturation Vibrancy and Curves for more color, I applied the layer property for Transparency, thus leaving the black and white to now reflect the greenish aqua and white image.

I used a Vintage colored texture and also added that with transparency properties. I then added my signature and merged all the layers to one background.  I adjusted with the Saturation and Curves again for an added boost to the overall piece. I added a partially Transparent Frame to it. I saved that large iteration.

Next I opened with Corel's PhotoPaint to resample the file size to display here and to compress (75) and smooth (33). I saved for display.

Da Vinci's Study of Man
Leonardo's work is very famous, this is one example of one that is frequently used in design and artworks. I had to censor it due to having a "G" Rated Blog. Please excuse that if you object. Remember I am highlighting the full piece and the wonderful symmetry of it's details. Some may object to not having censored it.

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment