Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Re-string A 12-string Guitar

Well I went to restring my 12-string guitar and found one of my strings had been used to replace the G octave. So I finally visited the local (new) Village Guitar store, and found out they sell single strings. Some stores won't, go figure.

So now I have a full set of new strings on the 12-string.

Here is a photograph manip of a Takamine 6 String that I used to own but sold to a friend with my amplifier when I needed some cash. It had a pickup built in that wasn't very good but it sounded nice as an acoustic without amplification. I did enjoy having it, but I really like my Seagull 12-string and hope it will serve me for many years yet to come.

I saw on the web a Martin Vintage guitar for sale for $75,000.00! Could not believe it. I know Martin's are good guitars, but that price? No where my wallet's size.

I have my Toneport hooked up to my stereo and I have found it gives me service as an amplifier if I need that for my recording. Best to use headsets though to mic vocals, and guitar for mixing on the computer. I also have to be careful that I don't blow out my stereo while playing, so the headset comes in very handy, though I need a new set. This pair is gettting old.

Computer wise I am getting a version of Connectix Vitrual PC for our Mac G4. We want to run only a specific few programs that are Windows based for my wife. It is going to run Windows 2000. And my programs should work under that version of Windows. So I am venturing out into Mac and PC compatiblity. I also hope to use an ethernet connection for printer use.

We have but one printer and it is cabled to the PC and the Mac recieves much less use as it can't print. Both computers have Zip disk drives so you can port from one to the other but it is cumbersome and we are hoping to solve these types of problems. As soon as I get the Virtual PC/Windows 2000 package I'm in for a challenge, I can see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment