Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

"Digital Watercolor Homeless Man Four" Corel Painter

Homeless Man Four


I garnered another Homeless Man Portrait from Morguefile and did a Digital Watercolor of it. I opened it in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and applied the Watercolor Sketch tool to it. This auto painted the grayscale image into a sketch to paint with color.

I saved the painting and opened it with Corel Painter 11. There I applied the Flesh tones I wanted to the face. I selected from a colorful palette of flesh tones appended. I added the white in the eyes and beard using a Gouache brush, and painted the knit hat with a version of it as well.

I saved the large iteration and reopened in Corel PSP Pro X3. Here I adjusted it with the Smart Photo Fix, which brightened it up a bit. I made the colors bolder by Increasing the Saturation Vibrancy. I added my signature. Saved again, then resized for display.

My efforts in digital painting are much like using Corel Painter and PhotoShop to arrive at a satisfying image. Although I don't have the most current versions of some of my programs, they still work well in Windows 7 as 32 bit programs. I happily paint away and adjust at will with my current arsenal of Corel Products, I would recommend Corel Painter 2015 as it is a good step up from Painter 11.

I have been a Painter user since its Fractal Design days and highly recommend it to those Photographers who want to learn how to digitally paint their art. A Wacom Tablet is highly recommended as well. They have pressure sensitivity and act like real world brushes. A tablet with a stylus is really needed to paint digitally.

No comments:

Post a Comment