Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

"Guitar Player and Friends" Corel Painter

Guitar Player and Friends


I got this photograph from Stockvault's Freebies. It is a great picture of a Guitar Player with friends, a good example of a depth of field. The Guitar Player is in focus and the others are not. I opened the image in Corel PSP Pro X3 and converted it to grayscale. I saved that photograph.

I then opened it in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and painted it as a digital Watercolor Sketch, I saved that iteration. Closing Essentials 4 I reopened the image in Corel Painter 11. There I selected to paint with Digital Watercolor and Gouache brushes.

I used colors almost at random for the image. I knew I wanted a bright red guitar, but the rest came as I worked on the piece. It was tedious work and took longer than usual for me to paint. I am so happy I use a Wacom Tablet and Stylus for digital painting in Painter. I finished the image, saving it as a large file.

I used Corel PSP Pro X3 to adjust the image brightness and used Saturation Vibrancy to punch up the colors. I added my signature and merged all layers, then saved again. I resized the image for display and saved with another name.

NOTE: My next new song will be coming out soon! I am getting the production ready with CDBaby and now am awaiting the 'ready,' report from them. It is titled "Something Amazing," and is a positive tune with upbeat lyrics and sound. Watch for it! The Full Song Preview will be available so you can get a complete idea of the tune in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment