Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

"Pen and Ink Watercolor Distressed Man" Corel Painter

Painting of Pen and Ink Watercolor Distressed Man


As it takes CDBaby 24-48 hours to release a single for publication as I am waiting for the "ready," signal from them for "Reckoning." I decided to take the image I used to announce my new song and Digitally Paint it in Corel Painter 11.

I opened the Pen and Ink image in Painter and selected the Digital Watercolors Broad Brushstroke to begin painting. I did the brick and windows background first with a light brown. I then selected some Flesh tone colors for the face and hand. I mixed some grays with the flesh tones for the hair.

I painted the 'STOP,' sign red and added some red tones throughout the piece. I now switched to a Gouache Brush to paint on the black hoodie he is wearing. I used a light enough blue to show the brush strokes. I added a touch of blue to the rest of the piece to consolidate my color scheme.

I saved the Painting and opened with Corel PSP Pro X3 to adjust it a bit. Increased the Saturation with Vibrancy and Brightened the overall image.

I am anxiously awaiting the go-ahead from CDBaby so I can give to you my new song in the series of "Blind Guide," "Collision Warning," and NEXT: "Reckoning." I will again allow listening to the Full Song in Preview mode for you to consider. Watch for it!

I have another tune coming soon, it is very upbeat, I have a back catalog of tunes, not all of them good enough to share as a purchasable copy. So after the series I especially chose the next one. It is a positive and uplifting song lyrically and I can't wait to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment