Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

"Blue Eyed Lady Watercolor Texture" Corel - Filter Forge

Blue Eyed Lady
(Click on for Larger View)


I garnered another portrait of a Woman from MorgueFile, along with a few other portraits. I selected this one because of the Blue Eyes and Full Mouth. It is also asymmetrical. More of the focus on her face on the right hand side of the image.

I opened it in Corel PhotoPaint and used the Threshold tool. This actually gave me quite a bit of black on the left side and surrounding the face. I decided to alter that. I found a Texture and using Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 I auto painted it with saturated water colors. I added this to the image, then realized I needed to use the Wand tool to select the face first, so I did that. I layered them together. I used the Fill tool for the face with a gradient set on radial.

I then reopened the original Woman's portrait and cut the Blue Eyes and placed them one at a time, I also did this with the mouth. I merged all layers and applied Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance to boost the colors and show off the Texture of the Watercolor Brushstrokes.

I felt it needed one more thing. I grabbed a Dover Publication Clip Art Frame with birds. I added my signature to the image and merged layers again. I saved this file with 75 compression and 33 smoothing, an optimized jpeg.




No comments:

Post a Comment