Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

"How to - GIMP and Corel - Guitar Player Leaning on Wall"

GIMP Painting

Corel Painting



I got this photograph from the Morguefile Free Photos under the search Music. I opened it in GIMP, to try my hand at that program. Though it was a color photograph I applied a GIMP filter called Photocopy. This gave me a sketchy outline of the, "Guitar Player Leaning on Wall."

I selected the Airbrushes for painting in GIMP. I altered the Opacity and sizes as I painted this piece. I used semi pastel colors for the digital painting. I finished this and Exported the file as a 100% JPG. You need to Export regular file formats found in other programs as GIMP has it's proprietary XCF format it saves at.

I opened the finished piece in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and selected the Watercolor Sketch settings with Saturate for the colors and a Dry Brush. I then let it auto paint that. It gave me just what I wanted, a nicely saturated Digital Watercolor Sketch. I saved that iteration.

I opened in Corel PSP Pro X3 and Adjusted with the Smart Photo Fix, upping the Color, Darkening it a tad as well. I then applied the Saturation Vibrancy set at 33 for that punch to the colors. I added a 10 pixels black border, and my signature.

I resized both the GIMP Painting and the Corel Painting and am displaying them both for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment