Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"Sad Homeless Man Portrait" Corel Painter

Sad Homeless Man Portrait


Another in my series of Corel Painter paintings. I selected this Portrait of a Sad Homeless Man from Morguefile. It reminds me of the sadness of my Father n law, who had Severe Parkinsons Disease, who is now deceased.

I opened the Portrait in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted it with the Watercolor Sketch, as I did the "Bearded Man Portrait," I posted recently. I saved the large grayscale image in RGB color.

I opened it in Corel Painter 11 and this time did not clone the image, I sized it to the screen and chose Tint Round brushes to paint in color to this piece. I used flesh tones on his face and hand. With some Burnt Sienna for the beard. I worked hard on the eyes so they projected his sadness and dejection. His mouth curved down in a defeated frown was also hard to capture.

I used rough brushstrokes for that painterly look and feel. I also used some blending, but not too much. I saved that iteration with a new name. I opened it next in Corel PSP Pro X3.

Here I used the original iteration to add back some details and adjusted the Opacity. I added my signature as another layer. I then merged all layers and applied the Smart Photo Fix to add to the color brightness. I used the Effect Texture with a rough paper like I did with the "Bearded Man Portrait." 

I used the Image Information to add some information to the image file. Saving that large iteration, I resized for display here.

I hope you are enjoying my painterly efforts. Please remember to click on the image for a larger more detailed view. use F11 to open up your browser completely, and F11 back to the standard browser status. Thank you for your viewing my Digital Artworks.





No comments:

Post a Comment