Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Corel Painter - Liquid Inks - Digital Watercolors - Sitting Portrait


I'm back to using Painter for some painting today. I had been working on a few Art Trading Cards for a project based on an Autumn theme, as well. Then I took this Photograph of my son Keir M. Gatzka, that I shot a while ago and began to imagine it painted.

To begin with I opened it in Paint.NET and experimented with the Ink Sketch, Find Edges, and a couple other filters but finally chose the Effects> Artistic> Pencil Sketch>. I saved this file at a large size (larger than displayed here.)

I opened the file in Painter 8, And selected Liquid Inks for the face and body of the image. I then switched to a dry bristle Digital Watercolor brush and kept resizing it as I worked. I tried to keep the surroundings light and the pieces of furniture and lamps I used darker colors.

I finished the piece by using the watercolor over the Liquid Inks adding more color to the face and body. I saved that file and reopened it in PhotoPaint and used the Filter Forge's Frames on it to give it a small frame.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Til It All Comes (Runs) Together
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment