Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Experimental Digital Visual Art - Vectors - Clip Art - Odd Animals


A trip to the book-
store always results in inspir-
ation. I viewed many design magazines and portfolios of Art. In them I discover a variety of topics and visual feasts.

I used multiple graphics programs for today's piece. CorelDRAW, CorelTRACE, Paint.NET, Picasa 3, and PhotoPaint to pull it all together.

The subject matter was gleaned from Dover Publications clip art, freehand drawn vector images, photographs by my son, Keir M. Gatzka.

What resulted was a busy image about NOISE and confusion. I had a lot of fun putting it together. Though I only drew parts of the piece, I had to adjust many of them to a black and white format to suit. So, much manipulation was done on the photographs, and the clip art.

I started with the idea in mind to create a being with characteristics of two different animals and ended up with a bird-giraffe and a fish-woman I used the Victrola as a fountain for the noise spewing out of the horn, turned upside down. The finding of the very interesting woman's faces with the tongue sticking out and the poutie face was a challenge to add them to the image. I liked the dragonfly, and of course the butterflies had to be added. Thus an experimental piece for your enjoyment.

----------------
Now playing: BB King - Three O'clock Blues
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Kirk. It looks like me waking up in the morning. Don't know which way is up, ha. Very unique.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judith. I was going for something a bit different for me, glad to know I succeeded to a degree!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete