Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

"Digital Abstract in Red and Yellow" Corel Painter - Plus

Digital Abstract in Red and Yellow


I took a photograph of some colored glass objects and played around with them to create this image. I first opened it with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted it using a Modern Painting setting. It resulted in a large digital file that I wanted to mush and warp.

After saving it I opened in Corel Painter 11 and applied the Effect, Blobs to it. This gave me the white spaces on the image. I painted upon it with Amazonia brushes I had gotten from PainterTalk's forum a while ago before Painter 12.1 came out. I wanted to do more so I used the Warp tool to smear the paint in multiple ways. And the Quick Warp tool also. I added texture to it by using the Apply Surface Texture, Image Luminance and then using a differing light source I applied the Paper texture to it. The resulting image was very large. I saved the large iteration.

I reopened with Corel PhotoPaint and I moved the painting around till I found the colors and brushstrokes, texture that I liked. I cropped out a piece of the larger image. Not satisfied yet I rotated the image 90 degrees to a portrait position. I did add my signature here.

Saving that I opened with Corel PSP Pro X3 and added Vibrancy to the colors with the Saturation tools. I finished by adding the golden frame and resizing for display.I don't do abstracts very often but sometimes they just feel right!


No comments:

Post a Comment