Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

"How this was Done - Autumn Pathway - Classic Oils" Corel

Autumn Pathway - Classic Oils


I really appreciate the very good photographs you can find on Stockvault's Free Photos. This is one example. It is an Autumn Pathway with great composition and color. I downloaded it and opened in Corel PSP Pro X3, here I applied the Smart Photo Fix, upping the color, decreasing the highlights a bit. I applied the Saturation Vibrancy set at 33, then used the Curves to add depth to the colors.

What punch the photograph had then. I saved the large image at 300dpi. I opened it in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4. Here I used the Classic Oils settings with rough paper, saturated colors and the Bristle Oil brush. I digitally painted the Autumn Pathway, saving the large iteration as a JPG.

I then opened it in Corel PhotoPaint and added my signature, I also resized for display. This image must be viewed at the largest size you can view it on your device or computer. The brushstrokes are amazingly curvy and make for a great piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment