Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2015

"How This Was Done - Sun Breaking Through a Foggy Forest" Corel

Sun Breaking Through a Foggy Forest


I received some Free Photographs from Unsplash today, I saved one to my computer. I then went to the Unsplash site and logged in and looked through many new and featured photographs. I was attracted to this one of a Forest of Birch and Pine Trees with the Sun Coming Through the Fog.

I opened Corel PSP Pro X3 and I upped the Saturation Vibrancy to 33, then I adjusted the Curves a tad. I went to Colors and adjusted the Fade to 45 for more depth to the colors. Being a large file from Unsplash I saved that iteration full size.

I opened Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and experimented with a couple of painting styles, Gouache, Wet on Wet Watercolor, and then I decided to apply the Classical Oil Paint settings to the entire image. This was the image I was hoping for. The foreground displaying the wild flowers, the birch trees standing out clearly and, the sun breaking through the forest with a bright cast of light. You can even see the fog in the left side coming out into the trees.

I really liked the end resulting piece. I saved the Painting in a new Folder, "OilPaint," with a new name. I then opened the image in Corel PhotoPaint and added my signature to the piece. I saved again without compression. I then resampled the image for display, with an appropriate name modification, setting the compression to 75 and smoothing to 25.

I usually like to do portraits, one of my favorite subjects to paint. But, I also like Landscapes with great composition and color. So I chose to do that today with the fine free photograph from Unsplash.

No comments:

Post a Comment