Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

"Steps and Settings: Late Autumn Walker On a Dirt Road." Corel

"Late Autumn Walker On a Dirt Road."


I've had a busy weekend so not much time to work on any Digital Paintings. Today I started about 12:30pm to work on the computer and I found time for one. The photograph is from Morguefile Free Photos, a landscape. It depicts a "Late Autumn Walker On a Dirt Road."

I opened in Corel Painter Essentials 5 and tried a few settings for the image. I settled on an Oil Painting, Concrete Paper Texture, choosing from the Photo Painting Brushes I picked the Grainy Variable Pencil. The Opacity was set at 74% and the Grain to 12%. I then Digitally Painted this piece using those settings.

Saving the large iteration I opened in Corel PSP Pro X3. Here I decided to add an Ornate Frame with the Inside Image setting. I opened and copied my signature and Placed as New Layer into the piece. I resized it and placed it and applied the Property setting Lighten for transparency. I merged the layers.

Next I used the Smart Photo Fix tool and upped the colors. And I used Increase to RGB 16-bit on the whole image.

I like the museum look and feel of the Ornate Frame, and the colors and detail of the Grainy Variable Pencil within the making of this image. I saved the large iteration and then resized for display.

No comments:

Post a Comment