Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

"How To: Two Images Digitally Painted in Painter Essentials 5" Corel

Old Boat

Red Escape Stairway

I went ahead and purchased Corel Painter Essentials 5 at 30% off. I welcome it into my arsenal of Digital Visual Art Programs. It will accomplish much as I create new Digital Visual Artworks. And it is a Current Version supported by Corel Corporation. A big plus as much of what I use are Legacy Corel Programs, which sometimes work wonky with Windows 10.

I perused Morguefile for Free Photos this afternoon and discovered a few photographs I plan to Digitally alter and display here on gatzkART!. Take for instance this image I worked on today. An Old Boat no longer in use, beached for a while it seems. I opened it in Painter Essentials 5 and digitally painted as a Watercolor Sketch, a Wet brush, and regular paper. I used the color palette from the original photograph. After it was painted I selected Apply Surface Texture, using an angular texture. I saved that large iteration.

I opened this in Corel PSP Pro X3. Here I applied the Smart Photo Fix, brightening it, increased the color, and shadows. I then used the Curves to add depth to the colors. I upped the Saturation Vibrancy by 33 for that punch I like. I added my signature, which I finally placed in it's own folder to find the black or white one easier. I fit and placed it using the property Lighten for transparency. I saved this large file again.

I resized for display and then adjusted the Curves again as some depth was lost in downsizing. I saved that file at 150dpi RGB 8-bit JPG.

Still testing Corel Painter Essentials 5 I used a Building with Red Escape Stairs for my subject today, also from Morguefile Free Photos. I used the Watercolor Sketch setting, Tapered Camel Brush, Worn Pavement Paper and I also added back in some details. I used the Acrylics & Oil Glazing Round Brush for that. I upped the Saturation in Essentials 5.

I then opened in Corel PSP Pro X3 and added Saturation Vibrancy for the pop to the colors. Here I also added my signature file as a layer, sizing it and placing it, applying the property Multiply for transparency. I merged all layers and saved the large file at 150dpi, RGB 8-bits.

I saved this almost square Digitally Painted photograph for display by resizing it still at 150dpi and RGB 8-bits, JPG.

I am thoroughly enjoying using Corel Painter Essentials 5 and it's diverse selection of brush variants and settings for creating Digitally Painted Visual Artworks. I would recommend this program to those who would like to create great paintings digitally. It is still on sale at 30% off until midnight October 22, 2015, that's tonight. Search for Corel Corporation and Painter Essentials 5 for the sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment