Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cubist Guitars - Series IV


Received my new Elderly Instruments Catalog Yesterday. It is filled with bargains and interesting accessories for the stringed instrument player. Elderly is known for it's wide variety of stringed instruments from Vintage Electric Guitars to Ukuleles. They have been in business for over 30 years and are one of the best stores in the country.

As I browsed the catalog I saw two Seagull 6-string guitars that attracted my attention. As I currently own a Seagull 12-string the appeal of owning a 6-string of the same make is strong. I am using the Lyon by Washburn 6-string now but it is just a basic guitar and needs the action corrected. I has a treble sound to it and I prefer a guitar that is Dreadnaught in size and full in sound, with easy action for playing.

The prices are very good for these two guitars, and I am tempted.

Today's image was created from a photograph of the two guitars stated above. I opened the photograph in Paint.NET and applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> to it for the grainy appearance. I then opened that file in PhotoPaint and used Effects> Creative> Glass Blocks> filter for the Cubist look and feel. I used the Tone Curve to deepen the colors and upped the saturation a bit. I decided to overly a frame to the resulting image. Again I used Effects> Creative> Frame> and selected a frame and adjusted it's opacity to a foggy black.

I resized the larger image for the web display and saved it as a jpg file.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - A Bm C#m D Run
null

No comments:

Post a Comment