Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Guitar Series VIII - Music Stand Grunge


Yesterday I took the lyrics for "The Solitary Man" and added chords and a melody. I renamed it "The Solitary Walker" to better fit the words. I found some new chords in the "A chord" group. An A9 in the first two frets then I move it up to the next two frets and lift up one finger for the three chord basis of the verse. Variations of the "D chords" is used for the Chorus. With a simple bridge of G Em Am D.

The lryics were posted earlier and I did not change them at all, I was satisfied with them as they are.

The image today is another in my Guitar series. I used a floral grunge texture from Autumnights as the background. I took the photograph of the two guitars plus a music stand with lyrics and chords for "Cat's in the Cradle," and "Polly Come Home," on it. I play mostly by ear so I use these formats extensively.

I resized the two images to fit each other to overlay them. I used Paint.NET to apply the Ink Sketch filter with the color boosted high. I opened both the images in PhotoPaint and copied the guitars to the clipboard and overlaid it onto the floral grunge background. I used the Object Property Multiply for transparency and merged them together.

I used the font called Yukon Gold for the dripping chords, and WC Rhesus B Bta font for the paint splatters adding the dripping effect filter to them.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Polly Come Home Cover
null

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorites to date!

    DrEddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eddie! Your comments are really appreciated. Glad you like it!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous!!!
    My compliments Kirk!
    Ciao, Gio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Giovanna! I am not done with this series yet. So My hope is I will come up with newer ones that deserve appreciation too!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete