Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lyon by Washburn - Seagull - Guitars - Song Registration


Photography is a nice part of my hobbies. It is very nice to have a decent DSLR camera for small projects. I took my Canon Rebel XTi and got some photographs of two guitars.

A Lyon by Washburn 6-string and my Seagull 12-string. They were easy to pose and cooperated with me quite well. Neither of them fell or were hurt during the session. I shot about thirty-nine exposures. Using differing angles and backgrounds.

One of my favorites is the image I am posting today. I used PhotoPaint to apply the Mosaic Vignette to the close up of the dual guitars and upped the saturation a bit. Then I added the text using some grunge fonts. The details were made soft on purpose for the image.

I had been playing the Lyon recently and now have a blister on my finger from pushing and pulling strings playing lead on it. One of the small hazards of being a guitar player. It's action is a little stiff and not like my 12-string, which I had had adjusted to my taste quite a few years back. I would like to have the Lyon adjusted as well. But that remains to be seen.

I have been discussing song registration on the Acoustic Guitar forum I am on and it appears that quite a few persons are using Songregistration.com to register their songs instead of the Copyright.gov site. One reason is that it now costs more to register rights with the government. Songregistration.com has a lower fee for that: $30.00 for up to four songs. Whereas the government wants $45 to $65 for song registration.

There is also the ASCAP site for composers and publishers of songs to register for collection of roaylties if someone uses your song for recording or performance. This is another way to protect one's songs from being used without authorization.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Jeremy Fryc - (Part 2)... most people seem to like it.
null

4 comments:

  1. wow these musical works are really great Kirk what a wonderful series they would make ...

    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Bev, I hope to do a series from the photographs I shot. 39 of them gives me plenty to chose from! LOL!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Susi, your comments are truly appreciated!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete