Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Dreaming Guitars - Visions


My last post talked about the connection between and artist and his instrument. Today I am sharing an image of guitars superimposed upon one another in a jumbled dream like image.

The artist may dream of his instrument between practice and creation of new pieces of music. This image is only one way to get the feel for such a relationship.

To create this piece I first used Picasa 3's Collage feature. I selected as the property of type as "superimposed" after selecting seven photographs. The dream like collage was created almost instantly, it only took a few moments to superimpose all the selected photographs.

I saved that collage image and opened it in PhotoPaint. I used the Tone Curve tool to add depth to the colors and upped the saturation a bit to highlight color. This brought the multiple guitars into a better focus for presentation. I saved the larger image and then resampled it for the web.

The artist and his instrument, a relationship deep with feeling.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - toneport_test2B
null

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh I like this. Very dream-like. Your image says what the words say. Well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and can relate. My instrument is accoustic piano, and I have a very definite relationship with it, which those in the digitized world of music creation don't seem to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, thank you! I do have a "relationship" with my chosen instrument so I speak from experience!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, I play acoustic but record digitally. So I can relate to both sides. Some f my best recordings are just me and the guitar with a little reverb, singing and playing! Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comment!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete