Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Change of Pace - Landscape


I decided to create an image that is a change of pace from my usual motifs of custom cars and guitars. I selected a photograph of my Nephew's home in Alaska. I wanted to try out some more of the plug-in filters I recently downloaded for Paint.NET.

I opened the photograph in Paint.NET and used the first filter on it - Effect> Artistic> Stewien Filters> Kuwahara Filter Modified> which gave me a painted look. Almost a paint by number appearance.

There are two vehicles in the driveway, you can make them out by the colors bronze and black. There is also an individual walking that you can no longer make out.

In addition to this filter I applied the Effects> Artistic> Collage Paint> filter which I described in my last post. I used a folder of fractal images I had created and applied them with a lower transparency setting so as to be able to make out the house and other details. Lastly I used Adjustments> Curves> to deepen the colors.

The image has a lot of texture and I really like texture in my pieces. I am enjoying my foray into using these new plug-in filters with Paint.NET.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Everyday
null

2 comments:

  1. So enjoy your pictures and your blog. Thanks for sharing your techniques. It is always great to see how others to things.
    I went to Paint.net but it is only for PC's.
    have a great weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I forgot to mention it is only for PC's, Sorry!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete