Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Red Chevy Wagon circa 1956


Before SUV's and Mini Vans there were the Station Wagons for families. Roomy and stylish this custom wagon is a beauty.

The original photograph was taken by my brother Kent M Gatzka at the Frankenmuth, Michigan Auto Festival of 2009. I applied similar techniques in PhotoPaint and Paint.NET as I did in the previous post. Highlighting the sun flares with KPT's Collection Lens Flare filter.

Recently I have been working on a laptop with Windows 7 OS and learning how to Network and transfer music files from my main PC to it. Windows 7 seems to be an improvement over Vista from what I gather reading about it and using it. I still have Windows XP on my main PC.

The only thing I could not get it to do was share the Epson printer over the Network. I still haven't figured that one out. So I swap to a USB port from one to the other and get the ability to Print with either unit. I believe that Windows 7 has the most up to date driver for the printer and somehow that confuses XP.

It has a lot to do with making folders sharable if you want to transfer files. I also have brought over all of my images from previous posts of gatzkART to the laptop, and included my Alaska vacation photographs as well.

Working with Windows 7 is still a challenge. But I have been able to use Wifi at different locations and downloaded: Open Office; Paint.NET; Picasa 3; and a few updates too. I would like to have my Corel products on the laptop but they need a Windows 7 compatible license number which I don't have for the older products. Right now it is cost prohibitive to upgrade to the newer programs that I'd like to add.

It will also connect to the Internet through my dial up connection but is very slow connection speed. Usually I get 45.2 kbps and that's it. I like the Wifi of course! I just have to buy more coffee and visit the places where connections are free!

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Alison Krauss - Rich Woman
null

No comments:

Post a Comment