Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blue Corvette - The Last Good Cowboy


Time well spent is time that you don't regret. I have been busy with a family emergency recently and have neglected my posting here on gatzkART.

Here is another image in my Frankenmuth, Michigan Auto Festival of 2009 series. It is an early 1960-61 Corvette, one of the best sports cars made in the United States.

The photograph was taken by Kent M Gatzka and I modified it by cropping it in PhotoPaint then in Paint.NET I applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter. As the exposure had the sun flare already in it I highlighted it using KPT's Collection LensFlare filter and positioned the flare.

I also have finished the song "The Last Good Cowboy" with some help for both my brother Kent and my wife giving me input about part of the lyrics. I am indebted to them for their contribution to the song.

Using my Toneport UX1 and Audacity I recorded it with a Rocking Country back beat. Upon listening to the result I muted the drum beat and decided I liked the song better with just my vocal and 12-string guitar playing. So I deleted the drum track completely and exported the song as an MP3 track.

I had both my brother Kent and my wife review the song and they both like it, so I am happy with it as well. It tells a story and has a bridge that I incorporate in the song and ending.

Writing and recording are great fun and I had a good time working on this current song. The inspiration for it came from the family emergency I mentioned at the beginning of this post. It will carry memories with it, each time I listen to it.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - The Last Good Cowboy
null

No comments:

Post a Comment