Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Last Good Cowboy - Revisited


My recent foray into songwriting was the song "The Last Good Cowboy." It is about a young boy who loves to ride the penny pony ride at the Five and Dime. In the song the boy realizes that at some point in the near future he will grow and be too big to ride the pony anymore. So he rides it as often as he can.

This image uses the guitar motif with an addition of an impression of a young boy riding on one of these ponies. I used a texture I created in TwistedBrush for the background. In Paint.NET I layered the guitars and the texture together. I had applied the Effect> Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter to the photograph of the two guitars and a recliner chair. I then merged the layers and saved the file.

In PhotoPaint I opened my image of the pony ride and applied Little Ink Pot's Thredgeholder filter to it for a sketchy feel. I then copied and pasted it as an object into the guitar image. Using the Object Properties I inverted the pony ride and resized it to fit. I feathered the object and erased around the pony and the little boy. Adding a few paint splatters and my signature I completed the image and saved it at a size for the web.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - The Last Good Cowboy
null

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful image, Kirk. I enjoyed the story too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, Thanks for your interest! The song is not registered yet so it is not online at this time. Sorry!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete