Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Textured Guitars


I have taken a break from the car series and returned to my other favorite subject matter: Guitars.

Today's image was created using a grunge background from an online source that I am afraid I've forgotten. It may have been TextureLovers. I resampled the texture and sharpened it in Paint.NET. I then opened a photograph of my two guitars in also in Paint.NET.

I took that photo and applied the Effects> Artistic> Pencil Sketch> filter to it. Copying that to the clipboard I selected the texture image and pasted it as another layer. I went to Layers> Layer Properties and used Color Burn and merged the two.

Saving that file, I opened it in PhotoPaint and using the Adjust> Tone Curve> I added depth to the color. I used the Text tool to add my paint splatters to the image. I applied the Effects> Distort> Wet Paint> filter to each splatter object and opened the Object Properties with a right click to change the Opacity to allow the texture to show through.

I did not add any text to this image as I like it's simplicity. And I wanted to make it different from my recent guitar series.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Jeremy Fryc - the "eveybody is unlike everyone to someone" blues
null

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Kirk! I'd try it all if I had your programs. Love that texture. What's "grunge"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Barb! "Grunge" is a type of art that began with a movement from graffiti to dirty grungy art, rough textures and sketchy. Paint splatters and dripping along with recognizable images or subject matter. Do a search on it and check Wikipedia for more info.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete