Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rocky Mountains Landscape - Painter Acrylics


Thanks to an offer to paint this at PainterTalk I had use of a wonderful photograph of the Rocky Mountains to create this painting.

In Painter 8 I used the Acrylic brushes for this image. I selected differing brushes for each level of the photograph. The sky, mountains, foothills, treeline, and the foreground.

After I painted the image I opened the file in PhotoPaint and applied the Tone Curves to deepen the colors and depth. I adjusted the saturation to add vividness to the mountains and foreground. I also added a frame using the 3D Bevel effect and a woodcut tile.

I am liking this change of pace working on some landscapes instead of my usual motifs. Stretching Creatively is good for any artist. I am enjoying the challenges that come with it.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
null

2 comments: