Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Return to Guitar Motif - Two Images - Digital Collage


I return to the motif of Guitars and the method of collaging using many filters and tools.

With figure One I used a sand background for the basis of the image. Taking photographs of guitars I applied filters such as the Solarize filter for the 12-string, and the Thredgeholder to another and Difference to yet another. Taking these I combined them into a collage. I then used the font WT Rhesus B Bta for the paint splatters.

Figure Two I created a texture background in TwistedBrush using the watercolor brush and the different paper/canvas textures. I highlighted the last color of a light brown beige using a wood cut texture.

I opened a number of guitar images and duplicated them and mixed them into a collage along with Solarize filters and color burn object properties.

Both Figure One and Two were created in PhotoPaint. Using many of the tools and filters as well as those described above.




----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Bread - The Guitar Man
null

2 comments:

  1. You are a master at this! These are wonderful.
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, Thanks so much! You have more confidence in me than I do! I try to make good digital visual art and what you experience is what I produce. I am happy you like them!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete