Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

TYPOGRAPHY - Fun with Type


Today I wanted to experiment with Typography using CorelDRAW and the fonts I have. I used a couple of distressed font types in this image and played with CorelDRAW's extrude command for some style.

The image started out as a narrow black field with white type and I decided to add only a bit of primary color to the type styles I selected. In the end I also added a distorted picture of my Seagull 12-string Guitar, elongated and narrowed.

I think that I probably have ended up committing the error most do with type. I have an almost over designed piece, too many font types in the same area. Like a crime note made with cut out letters. But other than that the combination works for me, and I had fun creating this.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Moby - Guitar, Flute And String
null

2 comments:

  1. Font-doodling! I love that extruded one. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Only you would think of that! Font-doodling! Thanks, Barb!

    ReplyDelete