Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

CGTextures - Rust and Collage


Not having a lot of time on my hands lately for painting I selected a rust texture I downloaded from CGTextures.com. They have a great selection of differing textures and tutorials available as well. You can join for free, but you are limited by their agreement. But none of the limitations are overboard, but quite reasonable.

I used this rust texture in PhotoPaint and applied digital collage techniques. I took some images I had sketched in Painter 8 of two of my friends and placed them in the collage. I then selected a couple of stringed instruments and using Paint.NET's Pencil sketch for one and Little Ink Pots Thredgeholder filter for the other. Both were treated as object property Color Burn to add to the collage.

I added a few paint splatters dripping using PhotoPaint's Effects> Distort> Wet Paint filter tool for the dripping.

Not my first Digital Collage nor my last!

----------------
Listening to: Kenny Chesney - I Go Back
null

3 comments:

  1. Very well done, Kirk! You are a master with textures and collages!
    Ciao, Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this collage. It is enhanced by your sketches as well as the beautiful rustic nature which give it a dreamy feel. Beautifully done.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Giovanna and Judith! I love a good rusty texture to work with, needs very little change as a background. I also love digital collage and reusing portions of other works I have done to create them. I try to please!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete