Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Portrait - New Grandson - Zeke - Painter 8


We are new Grandparents! And of course I have plenty of subject matter from now on for portrait work. I cropped this photograph to focus in on my Grandson, Zeke. He was 6lbs 3oz and 20 1/2" at birth.

I opened this photograph in Painter 8 and selected Artists> Sargent> brushes and using the palette from the original photograph I began painting. I chose a fairly realistic style for the painting using varying sizes and differing jitter for the Sargent brushes.

I was happy to get a photograph with his eyes fully open so as to have a good shot to work from. I simplified working on this image by cloning in Painter 8. There is some loss of detail but not much. I zoomed in for the eyes and mouth and used a very small brush for those details. I wanted to show how much he looks like his Dad.

The experience of being a new Grandparent is not dissimilar to being a new parent. A lot of amazement and joy at the birth. Now to learn how to Grandparent! It is fun according to sources I have talked with. So much to look forward to.

----------------
Listening to: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - EGDA AE Run
null

No comments:

Post a Comment