Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

My Wife as a Teenager - Painter 8


When you fall in love it can last a long time. Here is an painting of my wife as a teenager. She was in Washington State visiting family when the original photograph was taken.

I opened the photograph in Painter 8 and cloned the image then used some of the Painter 8 Wow! Book's brushes, some colored pencils, and digital watercolor brushes as well for the painting.

We've know each other for 40 years this last February. Quite a long time, I consider myself fortunate to have met her and to still be with her.

I have been listening to some new songs by members of the Acoustic Guitar Community that I belong to, some fantastic players and singers out there! If you play Acoustic Guitar and write songs I recommend this group for you. See the link at the bottom of my blog.

"Twist in the Logic," by Ross Johnson is one of the songs I played today. It has historical references to the loss of a farm to the bankers and a loss of a home to foreclosure and homelessness. Quite a song.

----------------
Listening to: Ross Johnson - Twist in the Logic
null

No comments:

Post a Comment