Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fractals and Guitars - I Love Rock n Roll


Was looking at the Enter-
tainment news when I dis-
covered a movie about Joan Jett. I probably won't go see it as it is for younger persons than myself but the trailer was interesting.

I began this piece with a mirrored Fractal image as the background. I added the guitars and did some cutting and pasting of guitar parts into the collage.

I had looked at an old video of Joan Jett's "I Love Rock n Roll" and decided to add the tabs and lyrics of the refrain in the image. I also added some paint splatters dripping onto the piece. So "put another dime in the jukebox baby!"

This was all accomplished in PhotoPaint, the mirrored fractal began in Apophysis and was mirrored in PhotoPaint as well. I also used Filter Forge's Frames again, which is one of my favorite framing filters at present.

----------------
Listening to: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'n' Roll
null

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is beautiful Kirk. Thanks for telling how you did it. Amazing control of all those programs. Its fantastic.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judith! I'll take "fantastic" any day!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete