Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Nickelodeon Party Store - Painter 8


This is from a photograph taken by my son, Keir M Gatzka of the Nickel-
odeon Party Store and Restaurant
, now closed due to the economy. It started out as a black and white photograph but I turned it into a quadtone in PhotoPaint then converted it back into an RGB 24-bit file. Saving that I proceeded to do my creative work.

I opened the photograph in Painter 8 and cloned the image. I then took a small Sumi-e brush and outlined the structure complete with lights, sign and awnings. After I used that brush I added in color using the Watercolor Dry Bristle brush. I followed the lines of the architecture and surrounding greenery.

I used PhotoPaint again to add a Photo Frame in Filter Forge's Frames.

----------------
Listening to: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Move In Time
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment