Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Grandpa and Zeke Together


Here I am with my new Grandson, Zeke. The original photograph was taken by my wife, Laurie G. Gatzka with our Canon Rebel XTi, at my Daughters home.

I opened it in Paint.NET and used the Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter setting both the ink pen size and the color lower than the default settings. Saving the large file I opened it in PhotoPaint and used the masking tool to outline and mask out both Zeke and myself. I used Effects> Custom> Alchemy> on the unmasked portion of the image. I adjusted the second color to a lighter gray.

Still in PhotoPaint I used Image> Papersize> black to enlarge the image. Then I applied Filter Forge's Frames - Photoframe adding the gray framing with a white border.

I kept the Digital Manipulation simple for this piece to leave in as many details as I could, but make it an interesting image.

Zeke is too young to smile just yet but as you can see Grandpa is happy!

1 comment: