Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Dad and Son - Painter 8


Being a Grandparent gives ample opportunity to draw and paint. I took this black and white photograph, taken by my son Keir M Gatzka, and opened it in Paint.NET. Using the Artistic> Pencil Sketch> filter I created a pencil like sketch.

Saving that file I opened it in Painter 8, where I used a Liquid Ink pen at a small size and did some more sketching on the image. I took this and created a watercolor layer and began painting using the Flesh Tone palette. I also selected the light blues to compliment the flesh tones and add a bit more color.

Here we have a watercolor of my Son in Law and my new Grandson, Zeke. I also used Filter Forge's Freepack - Frames again for the framing. Adding a black line frame by using PhotoPaint's Image> Paper Size> 10 pixels.

Last evening I opened up my Gearbox software and my microphone set to a Detroit RnB vocal setting and did some Blues playing. I did three tracks, one for the blues line with flatpicking and the second was a lead track, the third was a rhythm track. It's only about a minute and a half long but it was fun to practice and hear what I came up with. I recorded it in Audacity and created an MP3 using the Lame MP3 extension. Great fun.

2 comments:

  1. Great painting of your darling grandchild and son. I especially love the colors and delicateness of it.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judith! I am experimenting with digital watercolors. I am glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete