Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring - Like Every Other Day - But Different


First Day of Spring and it is cold and overcast here in Southeast Michigan. So I looked for a photograph from among previous years gardens. I found this one. One of my favorites, Lilies in full blossom.

I opened this in Paint.NET and applied a filter to simplify the image. Saving that file I opened it in Painter 8 and used the Watercolor brushes to paint it. Flat brush for the background, Wet Camel brush for the foreground.

I also opened this in PhotoPaint and applied Filter Forge's Frames - Watercolor; with some adjustments to the edge size and rounded corners. Then added a 10pixel frame of Murky Green to finish it.

----------------
Listening to: The Mamas & The Papas - San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair)
null

No comments:

Post a Comment