Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pet Painting - Linus - Impressionistic


We have a cat named Linus, who was particularly relaxed the other night so we took a few photographs. He looks like a Maine Coon Cat, but is a mix.

I admire others portrait paintings of pets, so I cropped one of the photographs of Linus and tried my hand using Painter 8's Impressionist brushes. I kept very close to the photograph as I did not want to stray from the appearance of our pet.

The wispy hair was a challenge, which I hope shows well in this portrait. I also used Filter Forge's Freepack - Frames watercolor frame with a small border I added in PhotoPaint. I used the Tone Curve to lighten the image up and increased the saturation a bit, enhancing the colors.

We have had Linus since he was a kitten, found outside. Someone had dropped of a whole group of cats and kittens near our home and we adopted two, one of which ran away when we had my son's Rat Terrier visiting. We guess Misty, the other cat, could not stand the desire that JackJack had to play with her and Linus. As you may know Rat Terrier's have great energy and are very active and playful dogs. He is not very big, but has a abundance of playfulness. I may do a portrait of him based on some photographs taken by my son.

----------------
Listening to: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Norwegian Wood Cover
null

No comments:

Post a Comment