Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Painter 8 Wow! Book Brushes - Portrait


Out to try something new I finally loaded up my extra brushes that came with the Painter 8 Wow! Book I bought when I got Painter 8. There are acrylics, chalk, oils, knives, and others I had not yet loaded or tried. So I took the time to finally do so.

Here is a portrait I endeavored to paint using these newer brushes. I used the chalk brushes to begin and then switched around using others. I didn't keep track of all of them, but you can see some grainy, some impasto as well as the chalk brushes.

The photograph came from an online service called Font Type (if I recall it correctly.) I opened the photograph in Painter 8 and began to paint. Having so much fun I did not pay attention to details much, oh yes, I used some of the Wow! blenders as well in the portrait.

I used Filter Forges Freepack - Frames for the grunge matting and the Photo Frame.

----------------
Listening to: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - EGAC_Run_Am7_Em_G_D
null

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love seeing where all your 'what-ifs' take you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Barb! I do love to experiment!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete