Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grandma and Zeke - Painter 8


This piece began with a photograph I took of my wife with our Grandson Zeke. I opened it in Painter 8 and applied the Color Correction filter to lighten the image. I cloned the image and ran the Auto Clone brush Rain on it to create a textured base.

Using Painter 8 Wow! Books Chalk brushes I painted over the base, I also used the Soft Cloner for details around the eyes and mouth. I wanted it to appear painterly but a bit more realistic than I usually paint.

I saved that file and altered the background in PhotoPaint using the Effects> Custom> Alchemy> filter on it. Then I applied Filter Forge's - Photoframe to the image for a dark frame.

As you can see both Grandparents are happy and pleased to have a new Grandson. We weren't expecting to have any Grandchildren but now we do and we are loving it.

----------------
Listening to: B.B. King - Three O'clock Blues
null

No comments:

Post a Comment