Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Seeking Guitars - Fractal Imagery


I found a medium sized fractal collage I had done in Apophysis quite a while ago and immediately coupled it with a crop close up of my two guitars. I combined them in PhotoPaint. The resulting image was very dark so I used Tone Curves and Brightness / Contrast / Intensity to adjust the visibility of the piece.

I added a chord progression and some lyrics from JJ Cale's "After Midnight." I want to give proper credit to Mr. Cale and his well known song. It was very popular with Eric Clapton's version.

I have posted recently that I did a cover version myself of that song using my 12-string guitar. I had a backbeat from Line 6's forum of Acid format wave file that I used as well. It does not sound like the original nor the version on Clapton's Crossroads DVD, done by JJ Cale with a medium beat and Eric Clapton playing some bars.

This image may place my roots in the late 60's psychedelia, but I don't mind being dated at all. Visually using fractals can make one's work up to date in that fractals are computer generated and usually fascinating in their scope. I have enjoyed making fractals since I first began computing years ago, and find them full of depth and interest.

Coupling my interest in music with fractals is not new for me, but has been a recurrent theme for me.

----------------
Listening to: Amadou and Mariam - Beaux Dimanches
null

No comments:

Post a Comment