Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Alaskan Landscape - Painter 8 Oils


This is one of my favorite photographs I took on our visit to Alaska. I like the trees and brush in the foreground and the mountains in the distance, with a touch of river water in the composition.

I used Paint.NET to apply the Ink Sketch filter for some linework. Saving that file I opened it in Painter 8 and using the Oils brushes I painted the image you see here. As I did with the Acrylic brushes I selected differing brushes for the sky, mountains, trees, brush and sand and river, but all were oil brushes. I used the Surface Effects Original Luminance for the textured strokes.

I worked with a larger file but opened it in PhotoPaint to use the Tone Curve and Saturation for the coloring. This is part of my workflow to add depth and a slight increase in color. I then resized it for web display to 681x1024 pixels.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Blues Traveler - The Mountains Win Again
null

No comments:

Post a Comment