Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

ArtRage 2.5 Starter Edition - Portrait


I have an older version of ArtRage that I used quite a bit in 2007 for some Custom Cars images. So I recently went and downloaded the newer ArtRage 2.5 Starter Edition which is free but does not have all the tools that their $80 version has.

I used the Oil brush for painting and the Palette Knife for blending on this portrait I painted. It is very loose in execution with little detail. I like the way that the Oil brush works and had an enjoyable time with this piece.

I opened a photograph using the Trace mode, and used that as my model. Setting the colors to use the palette from the photograph I resized the brush and started painting.

After I painted with the Oil brush I did some blending with the Palette Knife tool. I recommend ArtRage as a very good traditional media painting program. The free version is fun, but limited, the full blown version does have a trial demo download that I have yet to try. But for the price - you can't beat it.

----------------
Listening to: Jeremy Fryc - Oh green! don't fail me now.
null

No comments:

Post a Comment